2018 Civil Rights Tour
Dr. Bernard LaFayette, Jr.
Distinguished Senior Scholar-in-Residence, Emeritus,
Candler School of Theology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
The Ira and Mary Zepp Center for Nonviolence and Peace Education, Westminster, MD
Dr. Charlie Collyer and Dr. Pamela Zappardino, Co-directors
Historical and Educational Civil Rights Tour
January 4, 2018 – January 7, 2018
- Atlanta, GA: The King Center, Dr. and Mrs. King’s Crypt; Dr. King’s Birth Home; Historical Ebenezer Baptist Church.
- Philadelphia, MS: Three Civil Rights workers, Michael Schwerner, James Chaney and Andrew Goodman killed during the “Freedom Summer, 1964.”
- Jackson, MS; Medgar Evers Home Museum: Secretary for the NAACP, shot to death in the drive-way of his home, June 12, 1963.
- Memphis, TN: National Civil Rights Museum located in the Lorraine Motel where Dr. Martin L, King, Jr. was assassinated.
- Historian on the bus: Bernard LaFayette, Jr., worked with Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.
$534.00 per person, $134.00 non-refundable deposit due 10/31/17; balance due 12/2/17. Make check or money order payable to DDK Tours, mail to 3996 Brookside Parkway, Decatur, GA 30034. Include your name, address, phone number and email.
Transportation from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Atlanta, GA. (Pick up 10:00 a.m.1/4/18 and return 1/7/18, 4:00 p.m.): 3 nights hotel accommodation (double occupancy) and breakfast, tour manual, luxury bus ground transportation (as listed in itinerary), museum fees; speaker honorariums and expert Kingian Nonviolence analysis.
For additional information contact Dr. Charles Collyer, (401)-258-9834, Dr. Pamela Zappardino (email@example.com) or Charles Alphin, Sr., (770) 981-8718.
Coordinated by DDK Tour, www.ddktours.com